- Duration: 2 Days.
- Daily Departures: 17:20 hrs. to 20:30 hrs.
- Location: Aguas Calientes – Cusco – Perú.
- Type of Excursión:travel.
This tour gives you the opportunity, in just two days, to visit Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes, and enjoy their various attractions. Machu Picchu can be visited year-round. However, we recommend doing so between April and December, to enjoy the clear skies during those months.
Day 1: Cusco – Aguas Calientes
We’ll pick you up at your hotel at 6:30am to take you to the station where you’ll board the train to Aguas Calientes, a scenic 3-hour trip.
Upon arrival, we’ll be waiting to accompany you to your hotel.
After settling in at the hotel, you’ll have the rest of the day free to explore the town of Aguas Calientes, visit the Machu Picchu museum, hike out to the waterfalls of Mandor, relax in the thermal hot springs, or just rest.
At the end of the day, at 7:00pm, your guide for the following day will contact you in order to give you more information about your visit to the archeological site Machu Picchu.
Day 2: Visit to Machu Picchu and return to Cusco.
5:30 am: After having breakfast in your hotel, you’ll board the bus that will take you to Machu Picchu, in order to begin the guided tour at 6:00am.
The guided tour lasts two and a half hours, after which you’ll have free time explore the Incan city on your own, hike to the Sun Gate, visit the Inca Bridge or climb the Huayna Picchu mountain (optional).
At 1:00pm you’ll take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes. (Included lunch is optional).
You should be present to board the return train 30 minutes before the departure time indicated on your ticket. At the final station, we’ll pick you up and bring you back to your hotel.
Included in the tour:
- Transfers: Hotel-Train Station-Hotel.
- Train ticket for the Expedition train, round-trip.
- Bus tickets: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Group guide in English or Spanish.
- Lodging in a Hotel 2* with breakfast included (Hotel Presidente or similar).
Our Tour to Machu Picchu DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Services and foods not otherwise specified.
- Insurance or unforseen expenses.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu ($15.00 USD).
- Entrance to Mandor ($3.00 USD).
- Entrance to the thermal hot springs ($3.00 USD).